MARINE BASIC FIRST AID (STCW 2010) Compliant
Instructed by Marine Professionals
COURSE DATES: 2019
To be Announced
Call us about our Private unscheduled Group Courses (250) 474.6742,
Course Location: 2612 Sooke Road, Colwood Victoria BC
If you are presently in the marine industry or just starting out you are required to have an Marine First Aid Training Certificate. If you are looking for employment on Commercial deep sea, Fishing vessels,Cruise ships, Canadian Coast Guard, BC Ferries or you may be a pleasure boat owner who wants to improve your first aid skills, we can help you obtain this certification. Those who are interested in our marine first aid programs may be pleased to know that our senior instructor has more than 40 years Deep Sea Commercial, Canadian Arctic and Coastal shipping experience , as well as Yacht Master in the Caribbean, Deep sea tuna fishing and Chief Officer at BC Ferries. In addition he also holds a Commercial Deep Sea Divers certificate.
Transport Canada Training Certificate is issued upon successful completion, valid for 5 years from date of issue
Marine Basic First Aid Description
1. Basic two-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the marine/fishing industry. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E. Designed for any person who wants to obtain a rating certificate or endorsement or a Master or Chief Mate limited certification or is the person providing first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near-coastal voyage, class 2, or sheltered waters. Covers skills needed to recognize, prevent, and respond to circulation emergencies (CPR/AED level A). Course uses scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry.
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system at sea
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – adult
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
Marine Basic First Aid
- Duration: 16 hours
- Instructor: Certified Canadian Red Cross Professional Emergency Care First Aid Instructor
- Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
- Certification: Marine Basic First Aid & CPR Level A. Transport Canada /STCW 2010 Training certification valid for 5 years from date of issue.
Sources: Transport Canada
View our calender & registration page for courses & dates.
Also contact us to book a private course for your group of 6 or more