This Canadian Power Squadron (Industry Canada) Maritime Radio course teaches emergency radio procedures and everyday operating techniques. Learn all about the uses of marine radios, choice of frequencies, operation, phonetic alphabet, procedural words and phrases, as well as Digital Selective Calling and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, (DSC/GMDSS). All mariners, including recreational boaters, will want to take advantage of the many features and capabilities of this innovative form “automatic” radio. Secure your lifeline. Be sure that you and your family take the Maritime Radio course.
The Marine Radio course workbook includes the Digital Selective Calling system and will prepare you for the Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) with DSC Endorsement exam. To operate a maritime radio, you need the certificate. It’s the law!
- Duration: 8 hours (Pre study is highly recommended)
- Instructor: Certified Industry Canada / Canadian Power Squadron Radio Instructor
- Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
- Card: Is valid for the lifetime of the holder
- Included: Workbook, use of all materials, Instruction, examination and certification. Certificate is valid for life. (Coffee is on)
Location: 2612 Sooke road, Victoria BC
View our calendar & registration page for courses & dates