Marine Advanced First Aid (S.T.C.W 2010 Compliant)
Instructed by Professional Mariners
Valid for 5 years from date of issue
Course Location: 2612 Sooke Road Colwood. Victoria BC
Call us about Private unscheduled Group Courses at your location (250) 474.6742,
Approved IMO Model Course No. 1.14 Medical First Aid
STCW Approved STCW Code A-VI/4-1 Proficiency in Medical First Aid
If you require Marine First Aid Training wouldn’t you prefer an instructor who is a experienced Marine Professional? If you are presently in the marine industry or just starting out you are required to have an Marine First Aid Training Certificate. If you are looking for employment on Commercial deep sea, Fishing vessels, Cruise ships, Canadian Coast Guard, BC Ferries or you may be a pleasure boat owner who wants to be more prepared, we can help you obtain this certification. Those who are interested in our Marine First Aid programs may be pleased to know that our senior instructor has more than 40 years Commercial Deep Sea, Canadian Arctic and Coastal shipping experience , as well as Yacht Master in the Caribbean, deep sea Tuna fishing and Chief Officer at BC Ferries. In addition he also holds a Commercial Deep Sea Divers certificate.
A Transport Canada Training Certificate in Marine First Aid is issued upon successful completion
Comprehensive first aid and CPR techniques and scenarios for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in a marine setting. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E. Designed for any person who wants to obtain a Master’s or Officer’s certificate or endorsement, or those that are designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on coastal voyage, class one or unlimited voyage. Covers advanced first aid techniques in cardiopulmonary resuscitation ( CPR/AED level BLS ), sudden medical emergencies, oxygen administration, and injuries to the head, neck, or spine.
Marine Advance First Aid is required by
- Any person who wants to obtain a Master’s or Officer’s certificate or endorsement;
- The person designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near coastal voyage, class 1 or unlimited voyage.
Marine Advanced First Aid Course Content
Prerequisite Requirements: None:
Marine Advanced First Aid
- Duration: Course Length: 31 – hours (Transport Canada requirement)
- Instructor: Certified Red Cross Emergency Care Instructor
- Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam
- Certification: Transport Canada Marine Advanced First Aid CPR Level BLS training Certificate valid for 5 years along with a Canadian Red Cross Marine Advanced First Aid, CPR Level BLS certificate.
Sources: Transport Canada
View our calendar & registration page for courses & dates
Please call us to book a private course at your location for your group